Saturday, March 13, 2010

More Eating Out

I have been going out to eat/drink so much more often than I usually do!  It's mostly because of my birthday - having my parents in, and then having friends treat me.  Either way it's nice trying out new places, but I probably shouldn't get used to it.

On Wednesday, I tried out 12th St Taphouse for the first time.  One of my friends had been there and told me she didn't love it, but I figured I would give it a try.  Their drink prices are pretty good - $5 for a 20oz beer.  I got the Starr Hill Northern Lights and it was really good.  I went with a friend and we shared the calamari for an appetizer, and I can honestly say I have never had it served that way.  There were probably equal amounts of banana peppers and calamari.  It added an interesting spicy note to it, but I probably wouldn't get it like that again.  For dinner, I got the shrimp tempura.  Which is actually the same thing my friend ordered, but I didn't realize it at the time.  It was pretty bland - nothing special.  I had been thinking about getting a salad - I probably should have ordered that instead.

Today, one of my good friends took me out to lunch for my birthday.  We went to La Brasserie Montiel Coffeehouse, and it was great!  The service was pretty bad, but I think it was mostly because only one person was there to work.  Everything on the menu sounded amazing - both for breakfast and lunch.  I decided to get the potato and onion frittata - delicious!  I'll definitely have to go back again.  And a big selling point - it's so close to Whole Foods, so I can just go there after!

No comments: