Sunday, May 9, 2010

I survived!

Ladies and gentlemen (although I'm pretty sure it's just ladies - except for maybe my dad) - I have completed my first year of grad school!  I finished my takehome exam last night, and now it's just burning a hole in my backpack until I can turn it in on Monday.  I can't put into words how great it feels to be done!  I'm not going to pretend that I spent every minute of the last year studying or learning, but that was always at the back of my mind.  So now when I watch an SVU marathon for an entire day, I really don't need to feel guilty about it!  But seriously, there are so many things I want to do now.  First - there are two farmers markets I want to check out.  I usually go to the one downtown every Saturday, but apparently there are two others - one on Tuesdays and one on Wednesdays.  I also want to go to every orchard nearby and pick all of the fresh berries!  I think I need to clear out freezer space just for that.
But right now, I'm just being lazy, and watching lots of tv and bad movies.  I haven't been to the grocery store in a while, in part because I am trying to save money and clean out my pantry, and also because I just haven't had a lot of time.  So I was hungry, and realized I had nothing convenient to eat.  I have a ton of eggs, and I thought about making a frittata.  But of course, I was not in the mood to actually chop anything to put in it.  So I went the easy way - I made a big pan of scrambled eggs, and added in some jarred roasted peppers (I didn't even chop them, I literally tore them up right over the pan).  But it was definitely delicious.

So I just want to remind you one last time to enter the giveaway!  Today is the last day!
And happy mother's day to all of you mothers!

5 comments:

Memória said...

CONGRATULATIONS on your first year in grad school!! I know how it is, so I understand why you're happy. Keep up the great work.

Mary Bergfeld said...

It's always great to put a year behind you when it brings you closer to your goal. I'll be back often to see how you are doing. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

jonathan said...

Nope, I began reading your blog recently as well and I believe I belong in the "other" category. It's great to finally have some time to breath! If you're still in veg mode and I think you liked the Twilight series, is to check-out Vampire Diaries on the CW(better than Twilight IMO). I have them recorded if you're interested.

~Jon from class

Esme said...

Congrats on finishing your first year of grad school.

Esme said...

Congrats on finishing your first year of grad school.