Monday, February 15, 2010

Restaurants

I decided that since this blog is mostly for my own benefit, I should also include "reviews" of the meals I've ordered at restaurants. Whenever I go to a place I have been before, I always forget what I ordered previously and if I liked it or not. Now I'll have a record of it!

In the past few weeks I have been to Three, Boylan Heights, and Michael's Bistro - all located on the corner.

Three:
I ordered the blackened shrimp salad, with the balsamic vinaigrette on the side. I thought the salad was pretty good. There was a decent amount of shrimp, they were cooked pretty well, and the dressing was good. It also had caramelized onions, peppers and feta cheese, all which added lots of flavor. I would get it again.

Boylan Heights:
I've ordered their "meating canceled" veggie burger several times, and it's great! This time I wanted to mix it up and create my own. I got the typical burger, with avocado, roasted pepper (seeing a theme here?) and goat cheese. I didn't get any sauces - figured the creaminess of the avocado and goat cheese would be enough. It was amazing! I think they should add it to their menu :) And of course my meal wasn't complete without their sweet potato fries!

Michael's Bistro:
I hadn't been here before, and I liked it a lot. Even though it's on the corner, the steep steps at the front probably keep out the drunk undergrads on a Friday or Saturday night. I went on a Wednesday, so the place was pretty quiet. They had good beer - I forget what exactly I had but one of them was Belgian! I ordered a pecan-crusted salmon with green beans. I was impressed - sometimes restaurants ruin salmon, but this one was good. It was nice and moist, and I'll admit that the leftovers stayed good for several days. Oh and the waiter who helped us was extremely friendly and pretty cute!

No comments: