Thursday, February 18, 2010

Dumplings

Yesterday I went to the famous dumpling place (Marco & Luca) for the first time.  I still haven't been to the one downtown, but since one opened recently on the corner, I wanted to check it out.  There of course was the slight problem of the dumplings containing meat, but I got the hot veggie bun and spicy sweet and sour noodles.  I had no idea what to expect from the veggie bun.  It's actually pretty literal - it's a doughy bun that is stuffed with veggies and sitting in sauce.  I didn't love it.  Maybe they'll start selling veggie dumplings....
But the noodles were good - a little too much sauce for my taste, but I really liked the combination of flavors.  There were fresh apple slices in there which added some sweetness.  And it still tasted good after sitting for a few hours.  My eating habits are pretty erratic while I'm in the lab, so I wasn't able to enjoy it for a while.

No comments: