Friday, February 5, 2010

My first blog!

I read more food blogs than I can count, and I finally decided to start my own. Coming up with a title was probably the hardest part. It took me two weeks just to get here, and there's a good chance I'll probably change it more than once :)

Okay, so I should probably introduce myself first. I'm Jen, and I'm halfway through my first year of a Ph.D. program at the University of Virginia. I moved to Charlottesville in June '09 and absolutely love it here! I started cooking a few years ago - in my senior year of undergrad. Since then, I realized how much I really love cooking (especially baking). Life can be stressful at times, especially because of my program, and trying a new recipe acts as a stress reliever. (Of course until it's time to do the dishes.)

I wanted to start a blog to keep track of what I've made. This is mostly for my own sake - so I can take note of what worked and what didn't. I would love to start being more adventurous in the kitchen - try new techniques, new ingredients. The farmers markets and local produce here in Cville is great, and I want to try to take advantage of that.

I would love feedback - if you try a recipe, please let me know how it turns out, good or bad!

The next few posts are about food I've cooked in the past two weeks - just because I couldn't think of a title, didn't mean I stopped baking!

Enjoy!

No comments: