Thursday, April 7, 2011

Baked doughnuts

I bought a doughnut pan last fall.  For some reason, I have only used it once.  This needs to be remedied.  But I did make some delicious pumpkin doughnuts when I used it last fall!  The recipe includes a glaze, but I didn't make it.  I was transporting the doughnuts and figured that would be a bit messy.  But I'm sure it's delicious.

Recipe: Baked Pumpkin Doughnuts (from Culinary Cory)
Ingredients:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 eggs
2 tbsp milk
1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 deg F.  Sift the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, nutmeg and cinnamon, set aside.  Cream the brown sugar and butter.  Stir in the pumpkin, eggs, milk and vanilla.  Slowly add in the dry ingredients, mix until barely combined.

Spray the donut pan with cooking spray and fill each donut mold halfway with pumpkin batter.  Bake at 375 for 6-8 minutes or until the exterior springs back when touched.  Allow to cool completely, top with glaze if desired.

No comments: