Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Leftovers --> Salad

After my big success with caramelized onions, I wanted to put them on everything.  I took 4 huge vidalia onions and caramelized all of them.  I figured that once they cooked down, I wouldn't be left with very much, but I still had a ton!  So much that I really did need to put them on everything to use up.  I of course bought a few heads of broccoli to make that delicious dish.  At the same time that I bought the onions, I also bought and roasted a bunch of veggies - eggplant, peppers and zucchini.  I made a few sandwiches, and then got sick of it.  So I made several salads with the leftovers!  I tossed spinach/spring mix with the onions, broccoli, roasted veggies and feta, and added a little sesame ginger dressing (there are so many veggies with their juices that not much dressing is needed).  This salad is so good!  So any time you have random leftovers - just throw them in a salad!

No comments: