Monday, April 26, 2010

Coconut Amish Bread with Chocolate Chips

This is my third time baking with the amish friendship bread starter.  I think the bread is making me fat...and I have a ton in the freezer!  I brought most of it into class and the lab to try to get rid of some.  This one was delicious, just like the others!  But I may take a break from it - I might put it in the freezer until I'm craving sweet bread again.

Recipe: Coconut Amish Bread with Chocolate Chips
Ingredients:
1 cup amish friendship bread starter
3 eggs
3/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1 large package instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 325 F and grease 1 loaf pan and 2 mini loaf pans.
Mix together the liquid ingredients.  Stir in the flour, pudding mix, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda and mix until the dry ingredients are just barely incorporated.  Fold in the coconut and chocolate chips.
Pour the batter in the prepared pans and cook ~60 minutes for the regular loaf and ~30 minutes for the mini loaves.

No comments: