Sunday, July 11, 2010

Banana Buttermilk Ice Cream

I still had some overripe bananas after making the pumpkin banana muffins, and I had leftover buttermilk from making ricotta last week.  I found this great recipe that used up exactly what I had leftover!  The ice cream is really good - it's nice and light and has a great tang from the buttermilk.  And it's so easy to make - what could be easier than blending and pouring?  I think next I'm going to have to try Nicole's caramelized banana buttermilk ice cream recipe.

Banana Buttermilk Ice Cream (from Baking Bites)
Ingredients:
2 large ripe bananas (1 cup puree)
1/2 cup vanilla sugar
2 1/2 cups buttermilk
2 tsp vanilla extract

Directions:
Puree the bananas and sugar in a blender.  Add in the buttermilk and vanilla and continue to puree.  Pour into the frozen ice cream bowl and mix according to manufacturer's instructions.
Keep in airtight containers in the freezer.

2 comments:

Reeni said...

This sounds luscious with the buttermilk! And it's so easy.

Pam said...

Sounds delicious.